While many of the table games you find in a casino use cards to play, such as blackjack and baccarat, craps is different in that it uses dice to play the game. The exciting roll of the dice itself makes the craps casino game all the more thrilling than a card game, and many people prefer it to other table games. Though it is not as popular as video poker or blackjack, it has its share of admirers. In most casinos in Canada, you can find several options to play craps free games as well as for real money.
Table divisions in craps online
Like all other table games, craps also uses a casino table. The only difference in an online game is that you see the digital version of the table on your screen. Understanding the table and the markings and divisions on it is understanding the games and the betting rules themselves. The craps table at first may look intimidating with so many markings and divisions. However, if you look closer, you find the main layout occupies only half the table. The other half is only a symmetrical mirror image of this layout. Hence, understanding one half is enough. The two halves are provided to make the table larger so more players can participate at the same time in a casino craps game. The table layout is divided into areas such as pass, don’t pass, come, don’t come, and field.
Understanding the betting system to play craps
There are numerous betting possibilities with a game of craps. The most popular betting structures are described below.
- Pass/ Don’t pass: The pass line is a band that trails along two sides of the layout. When you make a ‘pass’ bet by placing chips on this area, you win if the dice gives an outcome of 7 or 11. But you lose if it is a 2, 3, or 12. If it is any other number (known as a ‘point’), then the dice is thrown again repeatedly until the same number is attained again to win. If 7 appears before the ‘point’, you lose.
The ‘Don’t pass’ bet requires you to place the bets in the inner ‘don’t pass’ band. Here, the winning and losing rules are reversed.
- Field bet: In a craps casino game, a field bet is placed by placing the chips on the area marked ‘field’ inner to the ‘don’t pass’ area. If the upcoming dice throw gives any of the numbers 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, or 12, you win.
- Come/ Don’t come: Place the chips on the ‘come’ area found around the centre of the layout for a come bet. If the dice throw gives 7 or 11, you win. You lose if the dice give you a 2, 3, or 12. It is reversed if you place the bet on the ‘don’t come’ area.
- ‘Place’ bet: You make a place bet when you place the chips on the area marked with the numbers 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, or 10. If the dice output is any of those numbers, you win.
Where to find free craps games online in Canada
You can find a lot of sites where you can try free craps online. Here are some examples including casinos and non-casino sites.
- Royal Panda casino
- Hex casino
- Spin casino
- Betway casino
Tips to play craps online
Craps is a game of chance. However, some tips can help you in reducing losses and make good use of your money. It is better to stick to the strategies even when you play craps online free games.
- Learn the game rules thoroughly using free online craps options first before attempting real money games.
- In ‘place’ bets area consisting of the numbers 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, it is better to bet on 6 or 8. They are the numbers in the group with the least house edge.
- It is better not to go for single roll bets as the winning chances are less when a large number of tries are considered.
Whether you are playing a free craps game or a real money game, craps is, no doubt, an exciting game with lots of betting options and intricate gameplay. Though the game looks complicated, you can find luck in those dice rolls if you practice enough and train yourself in the strategies. And, there is no scarcity of options in Canada to practice craps for free.